DALLAS (FWAA) – Florida's Keiwan Ratliff (Columbus,
Ohio) is this week's recipient of the Bronko Nagurski National
Defensive Player of the Week for his performance in the school’s
33-28 victory at Arkansas this past Saturday.
The 5-10, 178-pound senior cornerback collected three interceptions,
made nine unassisted tackles and deflected three passes against
the Razorbacks. Ratliff returned his third interception 44 yards
for a touchdown. His other interceptions set up a Florida field
goal and Gator touchdown.
Earlier this week, the Gators were named the FWAA's National
Team of the Week for their win over Arkansas.
For the third straight season, a panel from the Football Writers
Association of America (FWAA) selects the winner of the weekly award
on behalf of the Charlotte Touchdown Club. The winner is announced
each Tuesday throughout the season.
Ratliff has been added to the Watch List for the 2003 Bronko
Nagurski Trophy which will be presented on Dec. 8 in Charlotte,
N.C., by the FWAA and the Charlotte Touchdown Club.
2003 Bronko Nagurski Players of the Week
• Sept. 9: Eric Henderson, Georgia Tech
• Sept. 16: Jamaal Brimmer, UNLV
• Sept. 23: Corey Webster, LSU
• Sept. 30: Usama Young, Kent State
• Oct. 7: Dave Ball, UCLA
• Oct. 14: Jorge Cordova, Nevada
• Oct. 21: Keiwan Ratliff, Florida
• Oct. 28: Janssen Patton, Bowling Green
• Nov. 4: Derrick Johnson, Texas
• Nov. 11: Erik Coleman, Washington State
• Charlotte Touchdown Club